Every time my family craves for Pizza, Mojos and Chicken we only have one restaurant in mind- Shakey’s Pizza Parlor.
Shakey’s Philippines started operating in 1975 in the city of Makati and it has been a strong brand in the pizza segment of the local food service since then. After 4 decades, it’s still here and they are even getting stronger. Shakey’s name became synonymous with the World’s Greatest Pizza.
As a patron and also with a knowledge in marketing, I came up with a list on why Shakey’s Philippines survived 40 years in the food industry.
1. Great Taste- they are consistent in delivering the food you are longing from then until now. The pizza whether its the original thin crust version with its crispy, crunchy taste or the classic hand-tossed pizza with dough baked thick and chewy is the same in any branches that I have dined in. The Mojos and Chickens are my family’s favorite too.
2. Great Service– Shakey’s trained their staff well. Every time I dine or just order for take out at Shakey’s, they make me feel like a VIP. They are polite and some even exceeds my expectations.
3. Best Value for your Money– with great food and great service I can say that their price range is a great value for my money.
4. Cozy Ambiance– Shakey’s is a family restaurant and it feels like home when you are dining there. The brick walls is a classic statement. The old fashioned decorations makes you go back time and feel nostalgia.
5. Ample Parking– If you have noticed, Shakey’s store provides ample parking. They have considered that most of their patrons are in groups and thus a huge parking lot is necessary.
6. Always Updating and Upgrading– My husband and I work from home in front of our computer. Sometimes I don’t have time anymore to cook or go out. Besides online ordering that Shakey’s have, we appreciate that they have a Paypal payment option on their system. I don’t need to withdraw money if we are hungry and I only got a few bucks on my wallet. They are now also available in mobile, just download moo.ph/ShakeysApp
7. Kid Friendly Restaurant– Shakey’s set-ups Television for kids to be entertained while waiting for their food. They also have a Funzone. Fun Zone is the place where kids can play and even celebrate their birthdays.
8. Promos and Events– Who doesn’t know about Shakey’s Supercard? I have one and if you want to have one too check out how HERE.
Since they are celebrating their 40 years in the industry this 2015. Last Monday, they invited some media into a business round table discussion. They gave us an idea on what are the promos and events that will happen this year.
Here are some of their existing promos and upcoming events that we are looking forward to:
1 to 40 Create your own combination– Until March 15, 2015, guests can choose any 3 food items and one dessert or drink from a preset selection of Shakey’s bestsellers and put them together. All items included in the selection are good for 4. You only need to pay 1,240 pesos for a set.
Countdown to 40– Get a chance to win fun and exciting prizes when you purchase Shakey’s 1 to 40 set meals.
Fun Run– watch out for a 5KM Colorful Family Fun Run this March 2015. Details on this soon.
10 New Stores and 20 Store Renovations this 2015 – there might be a new Shakey’s store near you so watch out for it.
HAPPY 40th Anniversary Shakey’s Philippines and More power to you!
For more information and to get the latest updates check these links:
- Congratulations Shakeys Philippines for being Among the Most Loved Brands in Asia
- Shakey’s Time App Launching
- Shakey’s Chicken ‘n’ Mojos Monday Madness
- Things that happened last June 2013
- NOW OPEN: Pizza Hut at Kia Theater