Last February, I availed of the Yuko Yamashita Hair Treatment System at the Akira Hair & Make-up Studio at AWESOME. The treatment is originally valued at P2,000, but since it was 52% off, I have purchased it for only P960. I availed it because with frequent hair straightening I felt that my hair is now dry and damaged. I also heard of Yuko Yamashita as one of the co-creater of Sunsilk shampoo and that she is the person who created the Yuko Hair Straightening in Japan. Since Yuko Yamashita and Akira are Asian, I think they know better in dealing with Asian hairs.
The voucher is about to be expired on April 25 so that is why I made a reservation for today. Akira salon is located at A.Avenue Mall at Makati Ave. I am not familiar within the Makati Area so going to the salon by commuting is really hard. I walked from Glorietta to J.P. Rizal just to get there.
Anyway, when I arrived at the salon I am already 20 minutes late on the appointment schedule. There are lots of asian people in the area (mostly Japanese) so I was not immediately entertained which is okay since I still need to catch up my breath.
After 20 minutes of waiting I was called by the hair stylist to the wash area. He did the following:
- He shampooed and conditioned my hair. He used the Kokoro G Shampoo supplemented with protein, Aqua Gold, keratin, and collagen.
- After that he sprayed my hair with Kokoro G Water to moisturize the hair and he also sprayed the Kokoro G Nano Keep, a Keratin-based solution to strengthen the hair during the process while supplying moisture.
- He then blow dried and ironed my hair.
Here are some comments and observations.
- The place is hard to find if you are not familiar within the Makati area, so be sure to check the map and ask people who are familiar in Makati before going there. This will make your travel more convenient.
- Be sure to have an appointment especially during weekends since their salon is small and that they still have few hair stylist available.
- I felt out of place since most of their customers are Japanese, Korean and Chinese that speaks with their own language so I think it’s better to bring someone to talk to. LOLz
- Based on the steps of procedure I have mentioned, I don’t know if the stylist forgot the next steps which is after ironing my hair he should have wet my hair again and applied Kokoro G Treatment and then rinse, blow dry and iron my hair again. I just learned about this additional steps when I checked their deal at AWESOME site. You can’t blame me if I will say that maybe I look like a very ordinary person that does not care what the procedure will be.
- Maybe because of some procedures that was left behind, I can say that the P960 deal is not worthy, since after the treatment I felt I just had the normal hot oil at an ordinary salon.
- But I will not forget the personalized water bottle that they offered to every customer. It’s so cute!
I really felt bad when I found out that some procedures was left behind, it’s a big deal for me since they don’t know how long I walked just to get there and how I battled with the sun’s rays. So will I ever go back to the salon? maybe when I noticed that my hair is still soft after few showers.
Akira Hair and Make up Studio
A.Venue Event Mall. 7829 Makati Avenue.,
Salon Hours: Wednesdays through Mondays, 09:00 to 21:00
- Akira Hair and Make up Studio replied in my review!
- Keratin Blow Dry Experience at The List Salon
- My Japanese Straight experience
- Etude House – Bubble Hair Coloring in Wine Red
- Information about Laser Hair Removal