A few weeks ago, I went to The List at BGC to have a hair makeover. I bought a voucher from a deal site for either a Keratin Blow Dry or Hair Rebond plus back massage and drinks at The List. Before my preferred date, I PMed them on their Facebook page to have a reservation. The available time that they gave me was 3PM, 4PM and 5PM and I have chosen 3PM.
Unfortunately, I was late for about an hour on my scheduled time. There were a few customers when I arrived but I was attended immediately though. They asked me what I wanted to do with my hair, I asked them first if my wavy hair will be straight if I will choose Keratin Blowdry, they said it will not.
Keratin Blow Dry is a treatment that will help your hair the TLC it needs. After hearing that, I said then lets do a hair rebond instead, but unfortunately they told me that the time is not enough for a hair rebond because it will last for 5 hours and they need to close at 8PM. Gosh, I had no choice, they told me that I could go back another time if I really wanted a hair rebond, but since I am quite far from the area I just chose Keratin Blowdry hoping that the result will somehow make my hair less wavy.
The first thing that they did was they had my hair shampooed, after that the Keratin Treatment was applied. I took a little peek of the treatment inside the bowl and I felt that the amount was quite little for my thick hair. After a few minutes my hair was blow dried. I asked them for a hair cut which had a very expensive price of P500 (pikit mata na lang). After my haircut, they ironed my hair.
Just like rebonding, they also told me not to wash my hair after 3 days and only use a shampoo or conditioner that are sulfate free. According to them this will help my Keratin treatment last longer.
Tiis ganda ang peg ko, even though I wanted to wash my hair because it feels oily after 2 days I did not. I was afraid that my hair will not look like what I want it to be so I just followed their advice.
This is what it looked like after 1 day.
I even bought an organic conditioner (SNOE Conditioner with Argan Oil) for my hair.
After I shampoed my hair it really does feel smoother and less frizz, but unfortunately my hair went back to being wavy. It can be hand combed but it would be nice sana if the wavy part was lessened (kaso waley).
Yes I think and I feel that my hair is healthier now but I was quite disappointed with the physical result.
According to my research, the worst thing you can do to your hair is rebonding it because it can damage your hair. I agree with that, because 2 years ago when I had it for the first time I had hair falls afterwards. That is why I chose to have a Japanese Straight last year.
I am a busy mom and I want to look good too, and if possible I want to have a more manageable hair. Keratin blow dry did not delivered the straight hair that I wanted but yes I know my hair is healthier now.
After 3 days, this is what it looks like (excuse the big face hahaha)
What I like about The List Salon:
- The staff are friendly, they don’t offer any additional services or products to you.
- No chit chatting among them while they were working with their clients, they are very professional
- They don’t ask personal questions
- I have noticed that they are not obviously waiting for tips from their clients.
Few things I didn’t like:
- I did not see the brand or the bottle of the Keratin treatment. They need to bring the bowl to the reception area where the one in charge there was the one putting it from the bottle.
- I did not received the free drink that was also included in my voucher. I did not ask for it though because I was waiting for them to serve it on their own.
- The price of their service is quite expensive. Maybe that is because of their location.
- My Japanese Straight experience
- Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner Review
- SNOE Hair Heroes Intense Hair Conditioner Review
- My Yuko Yamashita Hair Treatment experience at Akira Hair & Make-up Studio
- Change Your Look Easily with Divatress
Leave a Reply