ADHD or attention deficit hyperactive disorder also known as ADD is a neurobehavioral disorder. They said that ADHD is a medical condition that affects how well a person can sit still, focus, and pay attention. A person with ADHD have differences in the parts of their brains that control attention and activity.
What makes me think that I have this kind of thing? Aside from my husband keeps telling me that I have one, here are the signs that I somehow think I have:
1. has problems finishing assignments at school or home and jumps from one activity to another/ is easily distracted, even when doing something fun
– I can’t finish a job in one sitting because I usually do multi tasking. When I blog, the Facebook wall is opened, the Groupon websites are opened and sometimes I am watching TV all at the same time. Which is the reason why one article takes me more than 2 hours to finish.
2. has difficulty paying attention or staying focused on a task or activity/ has trouble focusing on instructions and difficulty following through
– When I was talking to someone who I find the topic boring, I may be looking at you in the eyes but my mind is somewhere else. When you ask me questions or repeat what you’ve said I will recall just a few snippets of it.
3. interrupts or intrudes on other people
– My husband noticed that when I am talking with someone, I usually cut the other person at the middle of the conversation and ask something out of the topic. I am not aware of this until both of us went to preschool hunting last April. He even recorded how fast I spoke and how many times I cut the other person’s speech.
4. talks excessively and has trouble engaging in activities quietly
– My friend always tells me that I will die if I will not talk. I totally agree with that! But if I am mad, it’s the time I keep my mouth shut, I am afraid to say words that might hurt someone.
5. Weak short term memory
– My husband always tease me to put notes on my forehead so that I will not forget a thing. He usually says that I am like Dory in Finding Nemo, since with just a snap, I can easily forgot a thing.
I know I am too old to get some help, but since I am aware of it, maybe I will be more conscious of my actions.
But if you notice your child is showing a few of these symptoms, it would be better to ask for professional help.
Just a reminder, please get my attention if your telling me important things since I may say “Yes!” or look at you but there are times that I am not really listening at all.
- LEVY was tagged!
- Will a nation be smoke-free when their leaders smoke too?
- Gloria Macapagal Arroyo’s Transformation!
- OCD: Do you know anyone who has this?
- When should we trust another person?