ADHD or attention deficit hyperactive disorder also known as ADD is a neurobehavioral disorder. They said that ADHD is a medical condition that affects how well a person can sit still, focus, and pay attention. A person with ADHD have differences in the parts of their brains that control attention and activity.
What makes me think that I have this kind of thing? Aside from my husband keeps telling me that I have one, here are the signs that I somehow think I have:
1. has problems finishing assignments at school or home and jumps from one activity to another/ is easily distracted, even when doing something fun
– I can’t finish a job in one sitting because I usually do multi tasking. When I blog, the Facebook wall is opened, the Groupon websites are opened and sometimes I am watching TV all at the same time. Which is the reason why one article takes me more than 2 hours to finish.
2. has difficulty paying attention or staying focused on a task or activity/ has trouble focusing on instructions and difficulty following through
– When I was talking to someone who I find the topic boring, I may be looking at you in the eyes but my mind is somewhere else. When you ask me questions or repeat what you’ve said I will recall just a few snippets of it.
3. interrupts or intrudes on other people
– My husband noticed that when I am talking with someone, I usually cut the other person at the middle of the conversation and ask something out of the topic. I am not aware of this until both of us went to preschool hunting last April. He even recorded how fast I spoke and how many times I cut the other person’s speech.
4. talks excessively and has trouble engaging in activities quietly
– My friend always tells me that I will die if I will not talk. I totally agree with that! But if I am mad, it’s the time I keep my mouth shut, I am afraid to say words that might hurt someone.
5. Weak short term memory
– My husband always tease me to put notes on my forehead so that I will not forget a thing. He usually says that I am like Dory in Finding Nemo, since with just a snap, I can easily forgot a thing.
I know I am too old to get some help, but since I am aware of it, maybe I will be more conscious of my actions.
But if you notice your child is showing a few of these symptoms, it would be better to ask for professional help.
Just a reminder, please get my attention if your telling me important things since I may say “Yes!” or look at you but there are times that I am not really listening at all.
- LEVY was tagged!
- Will a nation be smoke-free when their leaders smoke too?
- Gloria Macapagal Arroyo’s Transformation!
- OCD: Do you know anyone who has this?
- When should we trust another person?
Don’t know if it’s part of the ADHD. Reklamo kasi sa akin lagi at nangyari sa papa ko pa. Minsan nakatitig ako sa isang tao as in titig na titig pero yung isipan ko wala diyan, lumilipad kung saan. Kaya nagtampo tuloy ang papa ko dahil nagsmile siya ako hindi… waaa.. parang hindi ko siya kilala that time.
ako naman feeling ko I have bi-polar disorder… slight. tsktsktsk…
bago yan sis sa pangdinig ha! ma research nga 🙂
C5 @ Life Is A Choice says
We seem to have many similarities. 😀 Anyway, you’re one of my Top 10 Emerging Influential Blog For 2011!
birds with the same feather flocks together mommy C5 🙂
ay naku ms.Levy lika nga po *hugs hugs*..Ms.Levy maybe not naman..it can be because your mind maybe occupied of so many things..marami ka lang cgurong iniisip Ms.levy..try to relax a bit po and try to focus on one task and think po na you are ok 🙂
Magandang umaga po :)i
Hi my ever loyal reader, tama ka lagi ako madami iniisip 🙂 mas okay na yun kesa wala isip hahaha 🙂 thanks for making me smile everyday 🙂
Cielo of Brown Pinay says
sabi ko na kapatid talaga kita aba meron din ako hehhehehe
hahaha…. sana di tayo sumpungin pag mag kausap tayo kasi wala pupuntahan usapan pareho tayo mag mumuni muni sa kawalan
Mommy Fleur says
OMG Levy. When you were enumerating the reasons why you think you have ADHD, it’s as if you were describing me!
Sabi ko na nga ba I have ADHD too eh! Haha! Now I’m worried that my little Anika might have that too coz it might be hereditary.