You are what you eat. Your body will respond to anything you eat and drink accordingly. When you eat that slice of pizza and have that extra bottle of beer, what happens is that they go to the liver via the digestive system to be processed.
The liver is the largest internal organ of the body. More than 500 bodily functions are attributed to it. It may as well be called a “Silent Hero”. Here are some things you probably don’t know about your liver.
- Your liver is a storage facility. It stores important vitamins, energy and minerals and releases them in the blood.
- Your liver is a soldier. It helps in resisting infections by producing immune factors and removing bacteria from the blood.
- Think of your liver is your nutrient processing plant. Every time you feed, your liver feeds you. It processes multiple nutrients once your food is digested. So what you eat and drink can tell how healthy your liver is. Among liver-friendly food and drinks are grapes, berries, garlic, coffee and green tea.
- Your liver is a detoxifier. It detoxifies by metabolizing and expelling drugs, alcohol and environmental toxins from your system.
- The liver also produces proteins that are crucial in blood clotting.
- Alcohol abuse is a common cause of liver disease but obesity, parasites, viruses and bacteria can also affect your liver health.
- Symptoms of liver disease can include fatigue, jaundice, abdominal pain and weight loss. If you have any of these symptoms persistently, consult a doctor. There are blood tests used to help diagnose and monitor liver disease or damage. These tests measure the levels of liver enzymes and proteins in your blood.
- Be kind to your liver. Eat and drink mindfully. Remember that the liver gives your body the energy for its day-to-day needs.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and proper diet together wth intake of essential phospolipids may help improve liver function. Manufactured in Germany, Phospolipids (Essentiale® Forte P) contains purified essential phospholipids or EPL®, which is extracted from natural food that can be easily absorbed by liver cells. Essentiale, an over-the-counter medicine, is clinically proven to strengthen liver health by promoting the repairing function and regeneration of liver cells.,
The liver is one of the most important organs of the body and is responsible for the chemical actions that the body needs to survive. Take care of it always.
- Have you heard of Celiac disease?
- Health Benefits of Eating Chicken
- Prevent Tonsil Stones by Understanding How They Develop
- BrainMaster: the vitamin that nourishes the brain
- Sugar Free Electrolyte Drinks Are Better and Safer