I grew up seeing my mom using Gift Certificates whenever she purchased school supplies before the school start, so I know that the amount of the gift certificate needs to be ALL consumed when you use it. The store will not give you a change if the amount you are buying is not exact as the value on your gift certificate, so it’s either you can add cash or buy beyond the value of the gift check. That is why my mom, always brings with her a calculator every time we use gift certificates.
I usually see these cards displayed at the SM Cashiers, but it was my first time to have something like it. It looks like an ATM with different designs on the front that depends on the occasion.
You can use the SM Gift Cards at the following stores nationwide:
Here are some advantages of using the SM Gift Card:
1. You don’t need to insert your secret pin just like an ATM when using it.
2. You don’t need to consume the entire value of the card in one transaction
3. You can see on your receipt the remaining balance of the card
4. It is fast and convenient than cash because you don’t need a change in every transaction.
5. It is valid for 24 months (that’s 2 years)
On the other hand, here are some of the disadvantages that I could think off.
1. It can be used by anybody. So, make sure to keep it in a safe place and protect it with all your life. 🙂
2. It is not reloadable, so it’s not good for the environment because it adds up to our trash.
You may check the balance of your SM GIFTCARD by logging on to www.smgiftcard.com.ph or by calling their help desk at 833-8888 (Metro Manila) or 1-800-10-833-8888 (outside Metro Manila), or directly through the Cashier Counters of any Retail Partners and soon via SMS.
- Unionbank EON will charge P10.00 on their own ATMs
- Smart Padala’s Araw-Araw Panalo Promo
- FREE BLOGGER SIGN-UP: $200 GIVEAWAY
- Agoda.com: My booking experience
- Take Charge with Chinabank Credit Card