Aside from the Christmas Holidays, December is also popular for wedding events here in the Philippines. With barely three months to go, those who are about to get married this December are probably feeling the mix of excitement and stress from their wedding preparations just like I did when I was about to get married. One challenging yet memorable task for my wedding was finding a wedding dress. As an early Christmas gift to these brides to be, I’d like to share some ideas on how to make this task less difficult.
- Get help from style experts. Hiring a stylist or a designer to find a dress for you is the easiest way to go. Unfortunately, it can also be quite expensive. As a bride on a budget, I went for the next best thing which is to browse over bridal magazines or online shops that feature wedding dresses. This will let you in on the latest trends and give you plenty of style options to choose from. Having a friend or family member help you pick out the styles makes the task more fun and less stressful.
- Make a shortlist of the style or design that you like and hit the bridal shops where you can try dresses with similar cuts. This will give you an idea on how the dress would look on you and help you decide which ones flatter you most. Once you find the style or cut you like, it will be easy to find the design and colors for your dress. Brides today are lucky to have online shops that allow them to filter their search to specific cuts or style that they like. It makes the hunt easier and quicker.
- Find a good dressmaker at least six months before the wedding. This will give you time to make several fittings and adjustments to make sure that your clothes fit perfectly. Those who opt to get their wedding dresses from online shops can get their dress within two weeks or so, But it is still advisable to order early in case of adjustments in the fit.
- Where to find the right dress for a special event?
- I need a Maxi Dress for a Beach Wedding at Laiya Batangas!
- Lace Decorations for a Wedding
- On being a Wedding Coordinator
- “New Girl” inspired outfits