I wouldn’t have known of Cyrish Magalang’s story until a co-blogger mentioned about the tragedy that happened to her in Facebook. It caught my attention because the place where the crime had happened was near in our place in Cavite.
Who is Cyrish Magalang?
According to the news, she was a Cumlaude graduate of Tourism and Hospitality Management at the University of Santo Tomas last March 2012. She died at the age of 20 and the youngest among 4 siblings. Her mother said that Cyrish promised that she would not get into a relationship until she graduated and fulfilled her dream of becoming a stewardess.
How did she die?
She was found lifeless in a nipa hut last October 31st with 50 stabs on her body and the forensics said her head was hit by a rock. The suspects were identified as brothers Rolin 27 years old and Roel Gacita 24 years old. Both were high on drugs when they did the horrible crime.
Although, I personally don’t know her, I want to extend my condolences and sympathy to her family. I know the feeling of losing someone because of no good reason (my father died because of a robbery at an early age of 36 years old).
I can’t imagine the pain that Cyrish’s death has brought to all the people who were close to her especially to her parents. I know that she would have had a good life if not with this incident.
Her death made me think that if it is my time to leave the world I hope it will be this way: (wild imagination kicks in)
- I want to die in a battle fighting for my homeland, for my faith and for my family.
- When there would be a strong earthquake and I am in a concrete place with my son, I want to die by covering and hugging him with a hope to save his life.
- When someone would try to rob the house and will shoot my husband, I want to die by catching the bullet to spare his life.
- When there would be a fire and others need help, I want to die by rescuing and saving them
- I can’t say that I can save someone in the water when a big flood hits us because I am not a good swimmer.But just like Leonardo de Caprio at Titanic, I want to die by giving the floating wood to someone to save a life.
You get my point? The best way to die is having to save someone’s life in return. I know that most of us want to die old, but I believe that staying long in this world is useless if you will not touch and be able to save others life. We can do it, not by dying but by simply reaching out and spreading the love to the people around us. I want to be remembered as someone who have helped others even though how simple it might be.
So, the question here is, How do you want the world to remember you?
Let us all Pray for the soul of Cyrish Magalang and let’s hope that there will be no more horrible crimes like this that will happen in the future.
- A year older this month
- If only I have 2 or more bodies!
- The day my husband had a mistress
- When you feel down and troubled, watch this!
- Chinese New Year Superstitions
Pinay Mama says
naiyak naman ako dun sa #2 mo.
grabe. iba talaga nagagawa ng mga taong high. kahit nasa malapit ka sa sarili mong bahay, hindi ka safe.
oo nga Ayie… nakakapangilabot ang incident na to…
It was such a waste! And I also cant imagine the grief her parents must be feeling. I agree with you, a good way to die is to die for someone we love.
Hay, thats why we need harsher punishments for drug pushers and drug users 🙁
I agree Dinah… sayang talaga
We do feel very sad about Cyrish’s fate. I heard more details from a friend who works in Springville. That subdivision is very near ours, and I shudder at the thought that might have those same type of tricycle drivers in our village!!
Let’s pray for Cyrish, her family, and the two killers.