Larry Cortez has a very inspirational story to tell. A former Janitor, Security Guard then Dishwasher, he is now a multimillionaire. His story was featured in “Rated K” a while a go, here is a copy of the video for you to know him too:
I was lucky to have met him at the launching of one of his restaurant at the Mall of Asia – Larry and Mau Diner.
He shared some thoughts on how to be successful in life. According to him, we need to aim high to get what we want. The people who became successful are the ones who have a strong will and determination.
How can we do it? First, we should acquire some experience for the job or work that we want to have. Be Confident, you need to empower and believe in yourself that you can do it. Once you have the experience, you can start to make your own business. You will not get out the rat race if you will be an employee for the rest of your life. Most of the successful people are all entrepreneurs. Also, being with the right people that will help you go up is another factor. Sir Larry built his restaurants with the help of Chef Billy King, who owned prime restaurants. Sir Larry learned a lot from him.
What I learned from him were:
1. Education is the best foundation, but you need to be creative and apply what you learned from school to real life in order for you to reach your goal.
2. Experience is still the best teacher. Books and theory are nothing when you don’t have the experience.
3. Aim High- as the saying goes “hindi masamang mangarap” (It’s not bad to dream), and do your best to make your dream into a reality.
4. Be with people who will help you build your character.
5. If you already have a business, don’t stop innovating it to adopt to the changes in today’s market.
- Larry & Mau Diner at Two E-com Center
- Avida Land’s Homepossible: Lifespiration Conference
- Things I learned from IMG (International Marketing Group)
- It’s not too late to get pregnant honey
- FWD Life Philippines launches the “Lifetime of Possibilities” Plus Contest