My Financial Goals this 2014
Last year, I have set a goal to achieve before my 33rd birthday (this January). I am happy to have achieved some and yet quite disappointed that I am not successful to do the other things on the list. What I like about making a list is that I am more focused to get what I want and excited to see my progress in the end.
For 2014, here are my financial plans:
- Pay Debts First – The Finance Gurus said that this should be the first thing to do to achieve financial freedom. I had 7 credit cards before and last year it was down to 3. I have wished to close it all this year 2013 but because of some circumstances I was only able to close one. But, I am planning to close the other 2 by 1st quarter of 2014.
- Cut down some expenses – Since I grew up not having everything I wanted, I ended up indulging on it when I finally had my own income. When I was younger, I usually splurge on material things like bags, shoes etc., now we usually splurge on food. We already cut on dining out last year 2013, but I am thinking to cut more.
- Create an Emergency Fund – Everybody needs to have an emergency fund. It should be 3-4 months of your monthly expenses. It is better to be ready than be sorry when unexpected things happen.
- Have a Health Insurance – Since hubby and I are both working from home, we don’t have employers to pay for our health insurances. I am planning to get one from Kaiser Insurance of IMG.
- Increase Income – I wish to earn more on 2014 and I am already thinking for various ways on how to do it.
- Pay Yourself – This we forget to do all the time, and the finance gurus always tells us to do so. Setting at least 10% from your income for yourself is their advice.
- Invest – I would like to invest in Mutual Funds or Stock Market, maybe even on Bitcoins. We already have a real estate investment, and I want to add more if we can.
This is my financial goal for 2014. I have invested on financial literacy last year 2013 and I am hoping that I can now use what I learned this 2014.
I wish that this plan will fall accordingly and that by 2015 I will no longer write these things here.