I’ve never been to Meralco Liwanag Park at Edsa but I heard that it is a nice place to stay this Christmas season. The park is open to the public every day, until January 6, from 6-10 PM, (I hope we can drop by).
The park features light displays and attractions like Christmas figures made of scrap copper wire, a mini train ride for visitors, the Toy Town and a bazaar among others. In recent years, the park has been recognized as a must-see Christmas destination in the metro.
In a related development, the Department of Tourism (DOT) recently partnered with Meralco to help set up other Liwanag Parks in different cities and municipalities within Meralco’s franchise area. This partnership aims to brighten the country during the Christmas season and to put it on the map as one of the world’s best tourist destinations during the holidays. In helping decorate these Liwanag Parks, Meralco will provide each participating LGU with a Maliwanag ang Pasko starter kit composed of a giant parol and 500 boxes of Christmas lights. LGUs with the best Liwanag Parks will get prizes from Meralco.
The Liwanag Park and the partnership with the DOT are just part of the larger Maliwanag ang Pasko program of Meralco, though. Under the program, Filipino households, too, are enjoined to do their part in lighting up their homes this season. In return, they get the chance to win prizes.
To join, they may take a photo of their lighted homes or of any of the Liwanag Parks and upload them on the Meralco Facebook page. Every entry helps contribute to Meralco’s program of energizing public schools in Palawan, Bohol, Quezon and Dinagat Islands. By joining the program, customers, therefore, not only help brighten their communities, but they also get the opportunity to help uplift public schools in the country and provide a better future for underprivileged school children.
Open to all Meralco customers, 18 years old and above
- Log on to and like Meralco’s Facebook Fanpage and install the Maliwanag ang Pasko app
- Two (2) Categories
- Liwanag Sa Tahanan – Take a photo of your house with an indoor or outdoor display decorated with Christmas lights. Each photo uploaded is equivalent to five (5) e-raffle entries
- Liwanag Park – Take a shot of an outdoor display decorated with Christmas lights found within the Liwanag Park. The Maliwanag ang Pasko parol should be visible in your photo. Each photo uploaded is equivalent to one (1) e-raffle entry
- Entry Guidelines
- Each photo should be not exceed 1MB
- Must be in .JPG file format
- Upload your entry/ies via the Maliwanag ang Pasko app upon registration and choose the location where your photo was taken
- You will receive an e-mail notification from Meralco upon successful uploading. This will serve as your e-raffle entry receipt
- Access the gallery section of the Maliwanag ang Pasko app and check if your entry is valid
- There will be a daily draw. All non-winning entries after each draw are still qualified for the next day’s draw
- You may send multiple entries but can only win once
Contest Duration: November 20 – December 22, 2012 12NN
Contest Prize: Two (2) daily e-raffle winners of P5,000 EACH
Started in 2006, the Maliwanag ang Pasko (MAP) seeks to encourage Meralco’s customers to light up and decorate their homes, establishments and cities to spread the beauty and joy of Christmas in their communities.
For more details on the Maliwanag ang Pasko program, contest mechanics and the list of Liwanag Parks, you may visit the Meralco Facebook page (facebook.com/meralco).
- Firefly LED illuminates the Metro this Christmas Season
- Smart Padala’s Araw-Araw Panalo Promo
- CONTEST ALERT: Join the first blog contest of FUN BLOG!
- Jollibee 20th Maaga ang Pasko launch
- Join Vivo V9 Contest and get to experience the perfect shot