For a very long time, moms believed that apart from fostering health, immunity, and fitness, enhancing their kids’ IQ was the most important thing needed to ensure the development of their children. Little did moms know that there’s more to raising children with high IQ- and that they have been actually missing out on the other half which is vital to the mental health development of their growing kids: EQ or emotional intelligence.
Popular actress Kristine Hermosa, loving wife to Oyo Sotto and mother to five kids vouches for the importance of nurturing a child’s EQ, which she says should be given the same priority as honing their IQ.
While engaging her kids to join activities that intend to sharpen their IQ like reading educational books, building legos and playing chess, Kristine also makes sure that she nurtures her kids’ EQ- by teaching them skills related to confidence, behavior regulation and independence. She explains, “EQ is equally important to our family. There are times they get frustrated and lose heart, for example when doing homeschool or learning new sports, or when they cannot properly execute what they imagine– we tell them that frustration comes with learning and they just need to persevere and not give up. When they face uncertainties, I believe that it’s their EQ that will help them overcome, apart from their personal relationship with the Lord. With EQ they are able to learn how to deal with success, heartbreaks, challenges and other situations and how to live in a world full of troubles and temptations”.
Making sure that her kids grow up with high EQ has reaped fruit. Kristine proudly cites 3 traits that best describe how her children exhibit good EQ:
1. Caring– “They are responsible children even when we’re not around, the older kids are in charge of taking good care of their younger siblings, they help them shower, assist them when eating, reminding them to clean their mess, to pray, etc– though it’s not always perfect and peaceful as they are kids but overall, Oyo and I know that we can rely on them, and that they are very careful not to break our trust.”
2. Expressive– “They are very expressive with how much they love us. Or how sorry they are when they make a mistake.”
3. Respectful– “They respect us and other people — they love helping others.”
In making sure her children grow up with high EQ, not just IQ, Kristine says, “I really make sure that I am present in their lives. I help them in their daily routine and in their studies; I give them encouragement; learn with them and support and discipline them. I take good care of them by providing for their needs and by giving them a healthy and balanced diet together with the Enfagrow A+ Four Nurapro.”
Enfagrow A+ Four Nurapro helps #CompleteTheMissingHalf needed for the proper holistic development of kids above 3 years old. With proper nutrition and stimulation, Enfagrow A+ Four Nurapro is the only one with the powerful brain-boosting combination of MFGM Pro and superior DHA levels* to help raise your child’s IQ and EQ advantage—plus HMO 2’-FL to help support the immune system. Combined with a mother’s love and care, proper nutrition, stimulation, and Enfagrow A+ Four Nurapro holds the key to a child’s holistic growth.
Understanding the importance of a balanced EQ enhancement and IQ enrichment to the mental resilience of children is crucial to a child’s growing years. That’s why other moms raising kids 3 years and older should take heed in the words of Mommy Kristine: “Don’t settle for half. Help nourish both IQ and EQ to complete the #MissingHalf”.
Learn more how to complete the #MissingHalf by visiting this link.
*Enfagrow A+ Four Nurapro 35mg vs other premium milk brands
- Let the kids play outdoors!
- Tips for Choosing Toys for Toddlers
- Abbott Launches PediaSure Plus 10+ in Philippines to Support Adolescent Growth
- Growing Family and Growing Needs
- Custom Reading Books for Kids