I saw about this unique umbrella at The Philippine Star’s Lifestyle section, it’s just a little ad that caught my attention. Since it’s so sunny nowadays, I am already in the hunt for sun protections with the highest SPF that can protect me and my family from harmful UV rays.
The umbrella is called Senz. It claims to withstand winds to up to 100km/h, so it can beat even a strong storm. It is coated with UV UPF 50+ protection (tested according to Australian Standards).
It can be used like this:
This umbrella has already won several international design awards like:
- German Design Award and Red dot Design Award 2010
- Time Magazine Invention of the year 2007
- IF Product design Awards 2009
It comes with a 2 year warranty, and it’s available at the following retail stores:
- Rustans Makati
- Duty Free
- The travel club stores in Glorietta 4
- Alabang Town Center
- Newport Mall
- Trinoma Mall
- SM Mall of Asia
- Greenbelt 3
- Shangrila Mall
Based on their website, I think the price here in the Philippines would be around Php 3,000 – 5,000 and it depends on the sizes and design.
- Watsons’ Sustainable Choices program lauded by award giving bodies
- Versatile Blogger and Lovely Blog Award!
- Wilson Phillips live in Manila on October 12 at SM Arena
- I love Toblerone and our OFWs!
- Metro Manila Film Festival 2012 list of winners
OMG! Ang mahal naman.. gusto ko na sana bumili pero I don’t think I can shell out 3-5k just for an umbrella. =( Cguro kung lifetime warranty, pwede pa. =)
I’ve seen this umbrella on the web several years ago and yes, the article appeared in a local publication recently which made me thought of getting one – or maybe not now. It seems expensive but this should be sturdy than other umbrellas. But like what you can spend on a pair of shoes which you can use for years, this item might be valuable to get hold on to, considering the design and function.