If you are considering carpeting some of the rooms in your home, there is much to think about. Carpet comes in many styles, and indeed quality, and making the right choices could mean the difference between a mediocre and a great floor covering. It isn’t just colour to consider, as carpet comes in many forms, with both natural and synthetic fibres, and each has its own merits. If you are about to select a carpet for your home, here are a few important factors to consider.
- Carpet Fibres – You have a choice of wool, silk, or a synthetic material, and your choice would very much depend on the room in question. A bedroom, for example, is not a high traffic area, and a deep pile wool carpet would provide you with a soft and luxurious feel, whereas a kitchen or hallway would demand a synthetic fibre that is very hardwearing. When visiting carpet stores, bear in mind that the lighting will not be the same as in your home, therefore, the carpet will look a little different.
- The Cut of the Carpet – The carpet fibre can be cut in many ways – Saxony, for example, is a very even cut, with a dense weave, which provides a deep and luxurious feel. Texture cut is another favourite, while frieze cut is ideal for high traffic areas. It isn’t just how the carpet looks, one has to consider the wear factor, which is something the carpet supplier can help you with. Once they know what room you are thinking of carpeting, they can recommend a fibre and cut that is suited.
- Colour Choices – A good quality carpet will last for at least 15 years, and will be there long after the curtains and furniture have been replaced, so choose a base colour that you wish to maintain in the room. This will make changing items a lot easier, as you have the base colour you want on the carpet, and always remember that the lighter shades definitely show up marks.
- Carpet Installation – Unless you happen to be a carpet fitter, leave this to the professionals. Fitting carpet is an art and certainly not a question of laying it down and unrolling it. Grips need to be in all the right places and the right amount of tension in all directions, which is why you should always have fitted carpets installed by a professional.
Selecting a suitable carpet is not something to rush into, and with an expert as a guide, you can choose with some confidence. If possible, ask the supplier to send someone to your home, as seeing the carpet in the room it is intended for will give you a clear picture of how it will look.
If you would like to explore the carpet possibilities, an online search will put you in touch with a local company and you can begin your search for the perfect floor covering, which, of course, is carpet.
- Carpet cleaning as a personal initiative
- Stylish Security Solutions for the Australian Homeowner
- How To Update a Tired-Looking Home
- Being a Fashionista should be in your blood
- Tips For Choosing Designer Skirts For Your Body Type
Leave a Reply