I saw this kit at the Medicard FB page and because I have never seen anything like it before it caught my attention.
Ms. Kate Cruz Joaquin, Medicard Philippines Marketing Manager, sent a sample of the kit for me to try and blog about.
What is EZ Detect?
EZ Detect is used to know and detect hidden blood in the stool which is an early warning sign of colon disease. It is advisable to use the kit especially if you are 40 years old and older because if Colon Cancer is caught early, the chances for a cure is high, more than 90%.
Well, I am not yet in my 40’s but I believe in the saying that ‘Prevention is better than cure” so as early as now, it’s better to be aware of the things happening in our body.
The kit consists of 5 pieces of detector pads. It is advisable to test your stool for at least 3 times to make sure that you are clear.
I have tried the 1st pad last March 7, and I am glad that it’s Negative. I will try it again this week, and I hope that the paper will still be clear.
I find it easy to use (an instruction manual is included inside the kit)
- STEP 1 – After a bowel movement, all you have to do is drop the test pad into the toilet bowl
- STEP 2 – Observe the test pad. According to the manual, if blood is present, a blue color will appear within 2 minutes.
In observance of the Colon Cancer Awareness month, MediCard, a leading health maintenance organization in the Philippines has sponsored 50% of the total cost of this kit. EZ Detect costs more than P400, if you will purchase it at any Medicard center nationwide you will only have to pay P200 for each kit.
To reserve, call 891-0692. To check for Medicard clinics near your place, visit their website here: www.medicardphils.com
- My thoughts on Tuko (Tokay gecko) selling and hunting!
- 5 Common Signs to Check if You are Constipated
- Keeping Abreast with Breast Cancer Awareness Activities
- I will be joining the MediCard Metafit Fitness Boot Camp Season 3
- Have you heard of the Cohen Diet? Find out why celebrities lose weight fast