This is the first time I’ve joined the Condura Skyway Marathon 2013. The 3.8K pace is the first in the country. It is also the first running event that I have joined this year 2013, my first time to run at Alabang and it is also the first time I got a medal from a running event. It did gave me a lot of FIRST hahaha.
I have registered at 3.8K at Greenbelt 5 last December. I used some blogging money I had earned to register and it cost me P600.00 (and I know it’s kinda expensive), but I want to experience the fun running on the Skyway so pikit mata na lang.
The singlet is nice, the medal is displayable and the event was well organized and of course I was able to support different organizations. Every entry to the event is automatically equivalent to 3 mangrove trees, and runners can also sign up to collect pledges for 5 beneficiaries for either their distance or their finish time. These were:
- ICANServe Foundation– which composed of cancer survivors. This advocact group aims to create awareness on breast cancer.
- Hero Foundation– this foundation supports scholars of fallen or incapacitated soldiers- children of those killed in action or who ere injured and cannot work anymore.
- Bikes for the Philippines– several children in Bohol who want to go to school have to walk several kilometers through roads to get there. This organization award good quality bikes to qualified school kids and give them safety and maintenance training.
- Operation Smile– This non-government organization offers free medical treatment for kids with cleft chins and cleft palates and relies on donations and volunteers for their surgical procedures done throughout the country.
- Liter of Light– This is a sustainable lighting project that aims to bring eco-friendly solar bottle bulbs to underprivileged communities nationwide via the simple act of spreading the illumination through a bottle on the roof.
It was a nice to experience running in Skyway, I felt the cold breeze from Laguna de bay since we are 60 ft above the ground. My cap almost flew because of the strong winds.
Kudos to every marshall/staff on the event. The event started as early as 12am, and I know they are quite tired when it’s our turn to run (we were the last batch) but still they are all smiling and laughing when it’s time to hold the rope.
They gave out bottled waters instead of waters in cups along the Skyway to avoid a lot of litters (maybe). Selecta gave out free ice cream- Cornettos. San Miguel had a buy 1 take 1 dozen of brown eggs for ony P100.00. The Philippine Star, Men’s health/Women’s health and multisport gave out free copies of their mags and newspapers. There was also a free massage ( for 42K runner). There were fireworks also!
The race results was now published and I am glad that based on my age group (31-40), I ranked at 44 over 184 (not bad!)
Overall, I ranked #403 over 1,066 runners. You can check yours here: http://conduraskywaymarathon.com/2013/race-result-2013/
Next year, I wish to join again but hoping to run on a longer pace (so help me Lord!). The disadvantage of running alone is that I don’t have a picture taken with my camera. I was too shy to ask for a picture hehehe. I don’t know if the camera guys have a picture of me while running. I didn’t fall in line to any photo booth because I had an early appointment on that same day, so after the ran, I immediately went to my 2nd event.
See you guys next year!
- Keeping Abreast with Breast Cancer Awareness Activities
- Robinsons Supermarket Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run 2015
- adidas King Of The Road 2013 happening on July 7
- Forbes Park Earth Run 2012 Overview
- 6 Reasons To Join Color Manila’s Blacklight Run