The other day, I was invited to attend a Presscon here in my new hometown – Bacoor City. Besides liking that the venue was near to where my family currently resides, I am curious on what Bacoor has to offer so I didn’t think twice to say Yes to the invitation.
It was just last year that we transferred here in Bacoor, and I am not that familiar of what this town has to offer to it’s residents and tourists. Because of the Presscon, I learned that Bacoor is aiming to be the Marching Band Capital of the Philippines.
The Bacoor City headed by Mayor Strike Revilla sought help from a private group of young dynamic people who plan to enliven Bacoor’s tourism and instill a better appreciation of the city’s culture and history. The Bacoor Tourism and Community Development Council created and conceptualized the first National Marching Band Festival which will make Bacoor the Marching Band Capital of the Philippines.
During the Presscon, I also learned how Bacoor have transformed for the past 7 years. Okay this is not me being pro – Mayor Strike because I don’t know him that much but the long time residents commend him for making Bacoor a better place to live in.
The Press conference is actually about the Bakood Festival 2013 which will be held on September 28, 2013 at 1:00 o’clock in the afternoon (rain or shine).
Bakood Festival 2013 schedule of activities
DATE: September 28, 2013
TIME: 1:00 -4:00 PM
- Parade of 50 Marching Bands (Route: Mabolo to Talaba, Evangelista Road)
- Float Parade and Street Dance (Route: RFC Molino to Bayanan, Molino Blvd. to the New Government Center)
- Drum and Lyre Competition (Venue: New Government Center)
TIME: 4:00 – 6:00 PM
VENUE: New Government Center
- Invitational Exhibition (6 Bands)
- Unity in Music (11 Bacoor Marching Bands in 1 performance)
- Fireworks Display
I hope you can come and join the fun!
- Makati celebrates Caracol Festival 2012
- Does the SC know the meaning of word of honor?
- Ways to Maximize Various Health Benefits of Stretch Bands
- Feasting on Music at the Reading Festival
- Join Yummy Bites in Avida Towers Centera