Yesterday at Mind Museum at The Fort, Pilipinas Shell had launched a new promotion in collaboration with Ferrari and the LEGO Group. I am glad to be one of the first to witness this exciting toy car launch of the year. My husband agreed to let me went to the event when I said that the PR told me that it is all about toys. We know that Shell always comes up with a set of Ferrari Collection and since hubby has a Toy Blog, he want me to check out what kind of toy will Shell launch.
When I saw the LEGO Ferrari Collection at the stage and on display, I knew that hubby will be excited to have it when I arrive home.
I am glad that the Philippines is one of the first countries in the world to see the introduction of a range these limited edition, buildable, collectible Ferrari models made from Lego bricks.
The Lego Ferrari Collection includes 6 LEGO model Ferrari cars that are based on some of the most iconic vehicles in Ferrari’s motoring history and 1 set of 3 unique Lego Minifigures.
Here’s how you can get it:
- For every Php 1,500 worth of single or accumulated purchase of Shell V-Power Nitro+ Racing, Gasoline, or Diesel, customers get a chance to collect any of the six LEGO model Ferrari cars or LEGO Minifigures for only Php 140 each
- Or For every Php 1,500 worth of single or accumulated purchase of Shell FuelSave Unleaded or Diesel gives customers a chance to purchase a model for only Php 180.00.
- Helix customers, on the other hand, get a chance to bring home a FREE LEGO model or LEGO Minifigures for every purchase of any participating Shell Helix Oil Change Package.
“This campaign perfectly represents the joint passion for performance and innovation that Shell and Ferrari stand for while incorporating the fun and imaginative nature of LEGO products. Whether they are fans of Ferrari, motorsport, or LEGO bricks, we think these toys will prove an exciting reward for our customers,” says Vanessa Ejercito, Shell Fuels Brand Manager.
First in LEGO history
Featuring the smallest pull-back motor ever produced by the LEGO Group, the unique range represents the first time in the Danish toy company’s history that any vehicles this size will have powered wheels. The limited edition Ferrari models are capable of performing a minimum of 300 pulls, propelling a 30g vehicle a minimum of 2 meters. In addition to the Ferrari models, Shell has worked with LEGO Group to design three unique LEGO Minifigures.
Shell and the LEGO Group worked on the development of the mini-motor for over 18 months and it embodies the spirit of technological innovation and improved performance that is at the heart of Shell V-Power fuels. The ‘micro-propulsion’ motor is powerful enough to drive each pocket sized vehicle at high speed, making them ready to race wherever you are!
Shell and the LEGO Group have created six of the most enigmatic and unique models associated with Ferrari racing. The models included in the promotion are:
- Ferrari F150° Italia – A LEGO Group reproduction of the race winning 2011 F1™ car includes the options to change the livery to that of either Felipe Massa or Fernando Alonso.
- Scuderia Ferrari Truck – The familiar transport truck is a key part of the Ferrari motor racing team and brings another dimension to the exclusive model collection. The LEGO version of the cab has been carefully designed to include realistic details on the lights, radiator and front grilles.
- Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto (SWB) – A real legend of the motoring world; not only one of the most beautiful vehicles ever created, but also the first Ferrari road car to use disc brakes. Its distinctive round headlights work seamlessly in LEGO bricks, mirroring the beauty of the original
- Ferrari F40 – One of the most recognizable sports cars of all time. Its classic aerodynamic form and distinctive square rear spoiler are both instantly identifiable and are translated perfectly with LEGO bricks.
- Ferrari FXX – The latest high-performance racing evolution of the Ferrari Enzo, one of the most powerful cars in the world. The LEGO version comes in black livery and reflects much of the Ferrari FXX’s sleek styling.
- Ferrari 458 Italia – Arguably the most iconic car in the current Ferrari range, making it a natural choice to be part of this promotion. The LEGO Group have pulled out all the stops to reproduce its signature details from a triple exhaust to multi-LED front lights to create an authentic and exciting toy.
Meet the TEAM:
- Ferrari Refueling Engineer- the role of this engineer is to make sure that the right amount of Shell fuel is put into the car before each race. This LEGO Minifigures comes with a mobile refueling unit.
- Shell Track Scientist- It is her role to analyze fuel from before, during and after each race, ensuring the Ferrari team gets the best possible performance from their cars. This LEGO Minifigure comes with a laboratory rock and multiple Shell Fuel samples.
- Ferrri Race Mechanic- The Ferrari race mechanics are key to making sure the car is running properly all the way through each race. This LEGO Minifigure comes with the trolley used to lift the front of the car during each pitstop.
Promo ends on November 30, 2012. So guys, what are you waiting for? Visit the nearest Shell Station in your area to grab this LIMITED EDITION Lego Ferrari Cars.
To know more about this promo, visit Pilipinas Shell website- www.shell.com.ph
I know a lot of guys can relate
- Making Easy Buying Decisions on Car Purchases
- LEGO inspired items and collectibles
- Points to ponder before trading your old car
- An Impressive Drive with the 2013 Scion TC
- KenKoy Collection by Solo and their Online Model Search!