I remember I posted on my other blog that I want to have a sideline job as a wedding coordinator assistant (click HERE). Well, that did not push through as planned because some unexpected things arose which I found out on the day before the actual wedding (good thing I asked first- booo!).
Anyway, my brother decided to get married this June. He told me this plan just 2 weeks ago. If you are curious why it’s so fast, well it’s not because the soon to be bride is pregnant but simply because they want to get married in June. My own wedding was 10 months in the making and it’s not even polished, and now they want to finish everthing for a month, I say goodluck to them!
Yours truly, as the eldest in the family, was assigned to be their wedding coordinator since I have lots of connections (internet connection, that is!).
I also have experienced being wed and I already know what are the things to be accomplished so I am flattered to be asigned for this job (or not). Being a wedding coordinator is challenging especially if the couple have a tight budget. You need to look for a supplier not only on the internet but you should scout every street to find a small store with good quality but also has the most affordable value of their money. It is even harder if your own blood is your client because it is not you who will be embarrased but the entire family too if you made some mistakes.
It is a simple wedding, nothing extravagant and as of this writing, here are some that we have accomplished already:
1. They already attended all the seminars at the City Hall
2. Set the date and time at the Church, and already made a reservation
3. Already booked for a Wedding reception
4. Finished listing the Wedding Entourage and expected guests
5. Designed the Wedding Invitation (thanks to me, again)
6. Already found a nice and affordable Wedding Ring
7. The Brides Gown
8. The Grooms suit
9. The Entourage dresses
10. Wedding Car
and here are some things we haven’t done yet:
1. Print the Wedding Invitation (hope to do it today, so that I can send it next week)
2. Still can’t find an affordable photograper and videographer (if any of you know someone please tell me)
3. Still canvassing for Wedding Cakes (I found one that have a very nice portfolio, but unfortunately they are located at Ilocos and the delivery to Muntinlupa is so costly)
4. Still looking for a nice Wedding Souvenir (I am thinking of cupcakes or cookies… do you have any suggestion?)
5. Check out Wedding Flowers at Dangwa for the Brides’ bouquet and the entire Wedding Entourage
6. I know there are still lots to accomplish… can’t think of it now!
Wish me luck, and I hope I can finish all the tasks and make my very first client happy ( oh well they should be Happy! since I am doing this for charity LOL)
- Choose Chasing Dreams Event for your special event
- Agoda.com: My booking experience
- I need a Maxi Dress for a Beach Wedding at Laiya Batangas!
- Fernbrook Garden: A magical wedding destination
- Ideas for a Wedding Dress Search with Less Stress